We’re a young logistics start-up seeking a full-time employee to join and grow with us. We’re seeking an experienced Warehouse Director based in the Sacramento area (Gold River).
- Oversees the daily workflow of the warehouse; schedules and organizes staff to ensure proper staffing of all shifts
- Trains new warehouse employees and assists in hiring/on-boarding
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality, and customer service standards are met
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Manages, plans, coordinates, and organizes loading and unloading, distribution, storage and, inventory of materials and products.
- Coordinates efforts with other Managers and Senior Leadership to ensure that tasks are being completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Is comfortable working with ambiguity and resolving short- and long-term goals of the business.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedures
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Effective communication with all levels of employees, peers, and Executive Management.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to lead and motivate many different teams working different shifts.
- Operates forklifts safely and efficiently, following all OSHA safety regulations (business can/will train)
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Previous warehouse/logistics experience required
- Management experience in materials and/or distribution environment
- Thorough knowledge of receiving and distribution of products
How To Apply:
Send an email with the below to: email@example.com
- Cover letter – tell us about yourself and what you’re looking for in your next job
- Resume – tell us all about your experience